Sunday, May 13, 2007

Shake 'em Buns

Continuing with Mike's favorite weekly food exploring tour - our stop this week is a rare burger specialty at Admiralty.
The burger place is called "Shake 'em Buns". Apparently, they have milk shakes and buns ;)

Burger places like this are everywhere in San Francisco, but they are a lot harder than expected to find in Hong Kong. (yes, I don't count McDonald and Burger King as a proper burger place, sorry...)






This burger place is a small ground floor restaurant consists of a small open kitchen area and a even smaller area for a couple wall-mounted bench-tables for may be 5, 6 customers to sit.









We were lucky that we could get 2 seats after a 10 minute wait. Lots of other customers came in while we were waiting. I was told that this place has a gigantic queue during weekday lunch.

Well... seats are sorted. Let me see what to order for my tummy, hehe~ =D







They put really creative names for their burgers: Hot Chick (chicken burger), Sissy Boy (veggie burger), Red on the Neck (rare steak), Missionary (normal burger), etc...










Both Mike and I ended up choosing the Veggie burger. (Yea, neither of us is a big meat-lover.) Believe it or not, most of the time, I eat more meat than he does.... He has (more than once) accused me of turning into a meat-eater since we came to Hong Kong, and that I had been secretly hiding my true nature as a meat-lover all this time in the US...

Well... who cares ;) I love yummy food, meat or not-meat~



And of coz, won't miss to order my beloved onion rings ;) YumYumYum.....












Seriously, isn't the burger as big as my head???!!! (okok, "almost" as big as my head~)

I could feel my tummy expanding as I finished my burger. . .









How does it taste? Hahaha...
You should get a clear clue just by looking at how fast (and EAGER) Mike was inhaling his burger at full speed!!!~





















And the onion rings as well !!!!!

And the verdict is - it was VERY VERY VERY YUMMY!~!!!!!!!! I'll give it 5 thumbs up~

^____________________^

My mouth started watering again thinking of it just now...






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a famous restaurant you know? I dun even have chance to try! take me there next time!