Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Family's old friends

WHAT? Jackie and .... a baby?!?!?!?!
Don't worry, not that Jackie is having a baby!!!

The cute little baby in his hands belongs to a family friend. Her family was the first family that we knew after we moved to the US. They had helped us a lot.

M0m and Jackie had dim sum with them in the US recently and sent me pictures of their gathering. Looking at the pictures reminded me of a lot of things that had happened since we knew each other.... wow, 10 years already!!









Priscilla, an old friend from fellowship from long time ago, is the REAL mom of the baby boy.

Haven't seen her in ages, she looks a lot more mature now ;)
Is it the Power of being a mom? hehe.... ^_^














We knew their family for a long time...
I am especially glad that my family is still in touch with their family. (Mostly thanks to mom!! ^_^ )

I felt really amazed to see a younger friend from childhood had moved into a totally different stage of life!!










The baby is sooooooooooo CUTE!!! (A mixed baby, her husband is a Caucasian) ^_^ Mike thinks the baby looks totally like a White baby, no traces of Asian at all. But I think he looks more Chinese than White... We'll see! =D

Though looking at my mom's happy face while holding the little baby.... Does make me wonder if she is secretly hoping to hold her grandchildren anytime soon.... ;)











Mom also sent me pictures of our front yard in the US.
Wow... I don't remember ever seeing such pretty flowers in the yard before. I wonder how much effort dad has put in to keep the flowers so fully-bloomed?! ;)
Anyways, dad, you have done an amazing job!!!










Mike and I missed the chance to see cheery blossom in Japan this year. (The urge to leave Japan was so great that no pretty views or famous attractions could make us stay an extra month just to wait for the cherry blossom season.) We sometimes felt it's a pity to not have seen it in Japan after staying there for a whole year. But after seeing this picture, I felt a bit ironic that there is actually really pretty cheery blossom right in front of my parents' house front yard!!!

No comments: