Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Happy B to someone special!!

Continuing the "Mike's tradition" of NOT working on his B day, we took a full day break and did a lot of stuff that had long been pending on our TODO (leisure & play) list ;)

Let's count the long list of "birthday entertainment" that day: we went to dim sum at a pretty decent dim sum restaurant, watched the Pirates of the Caribbean (still not sure if that was worth 3 hours of my life...) , burned through many episodes of the first season of the HBO serires, The Wire

And more importantly, just lying around relaxing ...
Hehe... have to admit, holidays always feel good and refreshing ^_^





One relatively busy errand that we ran that day was --> to buy Mike's his main B-day present, a new pair of glasses.
After many rounds of elimination, this frame is the winner!! Very close to what Mike has in mind: very light, bendable frame, rimless lens, bright color (though he originally wanted green but the blue one turned out to be cooler~)


Next step is busy rounds of eye examination to find out the prescription.





What?!?! Mike can read Chinese?!!!! (Well... at least, he can "pretend" to read the characters!)

On the other hand, I, the one who was NOT buying any glasses nor having any eye exams, was waiting quietly and patiently for Mike to finish his eye exam. Well... at least I was "patient" for the first few minutes, but after that .....

Hmm... let me try on Mike's chosen pair of glasses and see how it will look on me! Hmm... not bad not bad!!

As you can see from the above pictures, I was "obviously" pretty bored waiting ;) Taking pictures of myself in the mirror and all.... (Well... more yet to come, you'll see... haha....) Yea, I am never a very "patient" girl for anything at all~ ^_^


Let me try on some "frog-eye" sunglasses!! Never bought any of this kind but had been wondering why all movie stars like wearing them! In my opinion, looks a bit intimidating...

Okay, this blue pair is a lot more "tolerable" then the previous white one. But still.... looks kinda weird. I guess I am just not a big friend of sunglasses with gigantic lens.

Thank god, finally Mike was done with his eye exam and back!! Otherwise I'd probably turn the whole glasses shop into my own playground!! haha...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And lastly, something special to the special one ;)
Took me pretty long to design these two images. Guess I am just not an artist!! ;)

And this is how my design turned out in real life ;) Not bad, huh?!
^_________^

Happy BBBBBBB, my 小っちゃい おじいさん !!!! ^________^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the frog-eyes! You should get a pair!