Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Parents' Visit - The Peak

It's a little recap post of my parents visit a few weeks ago.

I missed them so much so I was really happy to see them visiting. They stayed in HK and China for about a month. As much as I was glad to see them, I had to say that they totally chose the wrong season to be back. It was 30+ degree Celsius everyday during the days that they were here. I heard from that that it was even more unbearable when they were in China.

It was hot as hell, but it would be wrong to waste the sunny weather when my folks were here, right? So we brought them to the Peak. I haven't been there for a long time myself.


To see the most gorgeous view of Hong Kong, where else can beat the Peak??!


Yo, this is my city, my town, my beloved Hong Kong!!!


It's funny watching my mom and dad taking pictures (and even fought for the camera) like little kids ;)


See the expensive-looking houses on the mountain? I know they are supposed to be rich and high standard and all. But seriuosly, if I have to live at a place that I'll need to drive (I guess you'll have someone drive for you if you are living in one of those houses, huh?) even to a super market?! Gosh, I'd sell it and cash out immediately ^_^ haHAha....


Hehe... using Mike as a shadow against the bright sun!! And guess what, the main character of this picture was actually my MOM. Look how happy and "shiny" she was!!!


It's nice to be out!!


Up on the Peak, of coz, it's the Peak tower. (Or what I called, the watermelon tower)


Guess what I was staring at so intently at that time? (Answer is: the last Harry Potter book on the display window!! The book just came out that week~) Ahhh... I miss Potter!!!


Say cheezeeeeeezzzzzz..... (Mike, don't fall asleep on the escalator!)

Strolling on the Peak was very enjoyable!! You can see extraordinary view of the Victoria Harbor.

With some rich people's "Astro Turf" as a bonus~ (I only learned the word Astro Turf from Mike, which accordingly to him, means "Space Ground" literally.) Yea, you know, one of those rich people's toys, fake green lawn on their mansion's roof!!!~ Fancy, huh? ;)


We took the tram back to Central. Tourists of different nationality were waiting at the station.


Turned out we had a little "accident" on the tram. It stopped for about 15 mintues in the middle of climbing down (fairly quickly) the very inclined, steep hill. We were stuck and didn't know what was going on...


Before (the happy look)


After (the frightened look)
But of coz, we were okay at the end. The very experienced technician fixed something on the track. After that the tram took us back to the foot of the mountain safely and steadily. (Applaud to the technician!!)

Aftewards mom took us to this really famous congee and noodles place in Central. (forgot what it was called) Food was yummy but not as great as our favorite congee place near Times Square.



Hehehe... and we even swang by my favorite ice-cream store, XIC Gelato, for our dessert. It's very funny and amusing to see mom and dad each holding and eating an ice-cream cone!! (They each got their own, can you believe that??!!)



This was my guilty and yet excited look for sucessfully "tricking" everybody to get Gelato with me!! Haha...

No comments: