Friday, November 23, 2007

Dinner with Berkeley friends visiting from US

Meryl-Jane and her boyfriend came to visit Hong Kong these two weeks. We met up for dinner and dessert tonight. I haven't seen her for AGESsss~! Probably since I graduated from Berkeley or some time around then.


She hasn't changed much, still as skinny as ever like a little monkey girl, haha~ (Hey, don't yell at me, Meryl-Jane, should yell at ah Ki instead... u know, he called you that first, remember? hoho...)


The happy couple and I had dinner at a very crowded Shanghainese restaurant in Times Square. (So crowded that they even squeeze in a single person onto our 4 people's table.) I saw a line queuing up for this restaurant every time I walked by, but.... food quality was.... so-so only.... (disappointed)

As my "usual dinner rule" - must have DESSERT after dinner!! (yay!!! Sweets!!!) =D
We then moved base to the HoneyMoon Dessert in World Trade Center. HoneyMoon Dessert, as always, won't disappoint people!~ We ordered a different variety of stuff.

We had

Mango Pancake


Almond milk egg white


Mango soft tofu (flower)

And and and, my first try of :

Tong Bud Luc (sticky rice ball covered with crunchy peanut crisp and sugar mix)


Somebody likes their mango tofu~ =)


And the almond egg white thing was surprisingly yummy too~ (But sweet tofu is still my all-time favorite, haha...)

And guess what - I found out from Meryl-Jane that "somebody" has bought a new car and (half) a new house, hohoho~ So wealthy now, huh, Mr. L? You know what that means... The dinner that you owed me (what? didn't owe me any dinner?!l well.. you DO now!!) hehe~

It's always good to see old friends!! =)


Wish you guys have a great trip for the rest of the days in HK!!!
(And don't shop too much!! Be kind to your two little suitcases!! haha...)

No comments: