Thursday, March 29, 2007

Family-sick...

I think I miss my family....

My dad, mom and brother just came back from a 3 day trip to Las Vegas. Dad sent me their picture album. Looking at their pictures, I realized... I am not homesick, but I might be a bit "family-sick" -- I miss my family...






































Looking at their pictures reminded me all the family trips that we took when Jackie and I were little (like... really little, still in primary school). I still remember how much I looked forward to those annual family trip as a kid. ^_^ I think it's at that time that my serious (but expensive) interest in seeing, exploring more of the world has started to incubated.

Part of me wants to see the whole world; the desire to experience and live in all those so-called "big, developed cities" is quite strong. But part of me also knows that I don't want to stay in a place that won't allow me to visit my family very conveniently. Mike and I have discussed a lot about our desires to keep a city life and yet live close to our parents. (especially every time we moved to a new city ;) We still haven't decided where we will settle down (and probably won't be able to until after a long time). I just hope that we can find a place where we can live happily and still can see our families easily...

No comments: